Responsible for management of major IT cross-discipline or recurring systems incidents from initiation until an acceptable work-around is in place or resolved. Coordinate appropriate resources to resolve such critical incidents in accordance with service level agreements and operational level agreements. Own all communication during these types of major system outage, ensuring IT management and the businesses are kept updated until the incident is resolved. Coordinate, manage and keep chronology of events during incident management conference calls. Update the incident...
Information Technology - Newark, NJ Vice President, Product Development
About the position
- Own a complete line of products from an engineering perspective. Ownership refers to driving both the technology strategy for the products and day-to-day operations leading to business outcomes.
- Build and evolve platform services required for current and future applications in one or more product areas.
- Partner with product owners to contribute to a product roadmap that this role will be ultimately responsible for delivering on.
- Deliver on the committed product roadmap with world-class quality and timing.
- Team up with other leaders within the Technology organization to develop working processes to aid in delivery.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to adopt and share best digital technology practices.
- Strategic planning and execution of all aspects of product development including establishing product roadmap alignment between Product Management and Development organizations, building engineering teams.
- As a technology leader, envision and execute on the notion of a platform that will support current and future product offerings. This will require collaborating with all of the product and technology stakeholders to understand strategic requirements and defining a roadmap for platforms services.
- Role model technology-leadership by encouraging adoption of tools and solutions that solve for business in a cheaper and faster manner.
- Institute an Agile processes to advance rapid delivery of products and learn from user experiences. Foster a work environment that is innovative and fast.
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making. Manage deliverables to budget and time.
- Hire outstanding talent that can work in high performing teams and deliver advantaged results for the business. Develop a strong set of leaders that can drive success for the individual teams.
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smoothen execution, identify new opportunities.
- Lead change.
- Overall experience of 15+ years with several years in Software Development with a majority of it in earned in product companies building mid to large-scale web-based products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters’ degree preferred.
- Experience working very closely with software engineering and product development teams to deliver infrastructure solutions in a collaborative, innovative manner.
- Strong leadership and change management skills – at least 12 years of experience in managing teams with last few years as leading an engineering organization delivering products.
- Proven ability to attract the best product development talent and built highly engaged teams that deliver stellar outcomes for the business.
Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- Ability to be an effective leader in a fast paced, pressure environment. Effective supervisory management skills with the ability to oversee tasks delegated to subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate plans into phased actions.
- Must be able to interact and work with peers and leadership in the various departments within the company assisting in achieving all corporate goals and objectives. Very team oriented.
- Extensive understanding and responsibility in project and program management principles, with explicit experience in the application of these principles to operational infrastructure environments.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate, and persuade, a wide range of audiences.
- Is an experienced technology leader in rapid growth companies with a history of scale in the market.
- Has a track record of great engineering management, and an ability to coach, mentor and motivate engineers.
- Has a strong orientation towards product development – driving the development of applications and platforms from the user’s perspective.
- Makes decisions based on facts, asking the right questions and weighing the pros & cons.
- Has experience with scaled systems and understands data and system integration; should also have a good understanding of security from a data and process perspective.
- Knows his/her strengths and areas of development opportunities
Subscribes to the methodology of “Go fast, make it happen and adjust along the way”. Mistakes are OK but going slow is not. If something needs to get done, we do it.
- Possesses an ability to thrive in a ‘production’ culture and push the limits of an agile development process, while maintaining a high performance cohesive team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Ability to coach and mentor software engineers and operations resources for personal and professional growth.
- Has a customer-driven mindset and insatiable appetite for engineering excellence and drive for outcomes
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Senior Specialist, Incident ManagementInformation Technology - Roseland, NJ | Dresher, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GBT000C5
Oracle EBS Functional AnalystInformation Technology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: FIN000PH
The ‘Specialist, Oracle ERP Business Systems Analysis’ role is responsible for supporting growth and maintenance activities necessary within Prudential’s Source-to-Pay (S2P) Application Support Team. This resource is expected to participate in full lifecycle initiatives and help manage/maintain the existing application base in accordance with controlled systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and global design standards.
- Participate in the design, build and implementation of business system solutions, utilizing the Oracle eBusiness Suite, to...
Salesforce Business Analyst/AdministratorInformation Technology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ENT0007J
PGIM Investments is dedicated to helping clients solve their toughest investment challenges and is recognized as a leading provider of investment solutions for institutional and retail clients. PGIM Investments Salesforce CRM is a critical technology platform the sales organization leverages for contact management, sales reporting to boost productivity and revenue.
PGIM Investments technology organization is seeking a Salesforce Business Analyst with Salesforce CRM and well-rounded experience on functional analysis, Salesforce Administration and...
UNIX / Linux AdministratorInformation Technology - Roseland, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: UNI0000S
Manages and coordinates the administrative activities and operational support for a large, complex UNIX based system and all its components. Responsible for coordination of hardware and software installation and upgrades. Monitors system performance and capacity. Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with DP staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions. Responsible for site setup, user training, hardware software installation, maintenance and support and documentation...