About the position
The CTO position in Customer Office will report directly to CIO, with oversight of key technological areas including Architecture, Data Technology and Quality Engineering. The positon will also be considered influential over other functions such as engineering that benefit from technology vision and roadmap. The main objective of this role is to lead, develop and execute a technology vision and roadmap to harmonize various platforms and solutions, address business demands, and to drive continuous innovation.
This leader must be a visionary, strategic planner and an evangelist of technology to aid competitive future growth in all established and emerging technology arenas. Mandatory requirements of this role are expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies in addition to technology directions and strategic applications to fulfill business needs. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade the team.
As a leading strategic planner for technology within Customer Office, the CTO will be responsible for driving technology decisions that are strategic and foundational to engineering, platforms and architecture, in partnership with engineering teams:
- Establish technology across business and tech: Responsible along with rest of senior leadership team in Technology to define technology vision and roadmap. Ensures that technology will support business demands and develop the future architectural platforms to support business strategy with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish leading edge technology: Must be well versed in various architectural topics including but not limited to: Global API Platform, Cloud Solutions, Mobile, Identity and Access Management, Artificial and Emotional Intelligence, and Automation
- Champion standardization of software engineering processes
As a member of the Leadership Team, the CTO is responsible for driving technology harmonization, partnering with business and technology leadership:
- Define key macro tech imperatives that will shape the direction for technology across businesses that Customer Office works with.
- Performs the following activities and executes technology decisions:
- Identifies and capitalizes on new technologies
- Identifies and facilitates integration and leveraging technologies across businesses
The CTO will operate as an evangelist of technology internally and externally to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with technology startups and vendors as a means to drive innovation and to understand available technology and products offerings:
- Must understand the product offerings from startups and vendors to consequently recommend the right technology and products to support internal strategy.
- Will scout technology and architecture trends in the technology market and continuously provide insight to the CIO and the leadership team.
CTO must enhance and optimize the technology costs:
- Supports the organization in driving efficiency and optimizing the technology build and operations through establishment of a governance model and cultivating awareness in the organization for additional cost efficiency and optimization.
CTO must have strong communication and leadership skills to inspire employees and direct reports:
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to manage all business and other domain stakeholders
- Ability to develop future leaders in technology by providing guidance and mentoring.
- Exceptional leadership skills, strong motivator, clear communication, clear focus in achieving goals and embodiment of an environment that technology community can be proud of
This position requires a minimum of 15 years of experience in leading technology and teams.
Bachelor's degree is required, MS/MBA is preferred. Preferred majors include:
- Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.