Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Vice President, Institutional Client Management
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2019, the firm has $776 billion of assets under management including $307 billion in institutional assets, $135 billion in retail assets, and $334 billion in proprietary assets. Nearly 650 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
We are now seeking to recruit an experienced professional with strong client service skills and fixed income market knowledge to serve as Vice President, Client Management, based in our Newark, NJ office. The focus of the position will be to service a range of institutional clients in the Eastern region of the United States. While the focus of the position is to service clients, the incumbent is expected to take a proactive role in cross selling other strategies either by working with assigned advisory coverage or directly. The incumbent may also manage directly or indirectly other junior members of the team.
- Proactively manage and develop relationships with clients with the primary goal of client retention.
- Proactively build on existing client relationships by taking an active role in cross selling other strategies either by working with assigned sales coverage or directly.
- Respond to client investment inquiries directly or with the assistance of the investment team.
- Attend relevant Investment Team meetings to ensure incumbent is current on the key investment strategies.
Be able to independently conduct portfolio reviews for certain clients and discuss portfolio positioning and our market views with clients.
Day to Day Client Management
- Managing new client requests at the front end to ensure they are properly vetted and they are in line with the level of service assigned to that client.
- Executing directly requests that are vetted where possible or work with other teams internally as necessary.
- Drive efficiency in carrying out the client service role by utilizing the various systems and tools available.
- Ensure that all client and contact information is captured and remains current within our CRM system.
- Coordinate client meetings, including portfolio reviews, client reporting and client training sessions on-site and/or at the client's office.
- Travel as needed to East Coast client locations for portfolio or relationship reviews or entertainment events.
Give direction to junior team members while providing opportunities for their development.
- Strong Relationship and Communication skills
- Minimum 10 years institutional Client Service experience within investment management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Fixed Income
- Experience in Servicing Insurance and/or LDI Clients.
- Experience on Salesforce System
- Experience with Blackrock Aladdin Systems
- Series 7 required (can be earned, if not possessed at hire
- CFA preferred
- A demonstrated willingness to travel
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.