Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Associate Manager, Onboarding
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2019, the firm has $776 billion of assets under management including $334 billion in institutional assets, $135 billion in retail assets, and $307 billion in proprietary assets. Over 700 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The role of the Onboarding Team is to liaise with PGIM Fixed Income’s functional units and its asset management clients. As an Associate Manager within the Onboarding Team, you will be responsible for project managing the onboarding of both new clients/accounts and investors into various PGIM funds. You will be expected to analyze issues and you will have discretion to provide, and often, execute solutions. This position requires independent judgment and decision-making skills, as well as knowledge of the different product types and legal structures within the PGIM Fixed Income business. The Associate Manager will be responsible for actively managing the onboarding process for the organization, escalating issues to individual team leadership or senior management as needed, and suggesting and/or facilitating solutions. You will ensure that all information necessary to launch a new account is received, disseminated, and agreed to before launch. Internally, you will interact primarily with Client Management, Derivative Documentation, Operations, Compliance, and Legal to ensure that all onboarding steps have been completed prior to launch. You will also interact directly with clients to obtain information and communicate updates. This position calls for a high level of service to all parties involved to ensure a first-class client onboarding process.
Job responsibilities may include:
• Operate as a project manager of client onboarding process, helping to support all functions in their timely execution of responsibilities, including coordinating with Non-U.S. offices
• Review and coordinate approvals of subscription-related documents for fund investors
• Ensure timely communication of all required information for new accounts
• Liaise with various departments to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately
• Coordinate meetings with various groups within the firm to centralize requests and communication
• Provide expertise as a subject matter expert with regards to onboarding to help ensure all details are fully researched and addressed by all affected groups in the firm
• Confirm that required documentation is in place before any trading activities
• Maintain a robust control environment and ensure compliance with onboarding processes
• Resolve and escalate issues proactively and in a timely fashion
• Work with Client Management, Derivative Documentation, Legal, Operations, and Compliance, among others, to review and ensure scalability in existing and new processes
• Coordinate resolution of internal and external client onboarding-related inquires
• Cultivate relationships with internal and external partners and service providers
• Accountable for building an experience knowledgebase from lessons learned
• Continuously evaluate, identify, and recommend practices and controls that will increase efficiency and/or mitigate business risks
• Review, update/prepare procedures in line with changes and developments in the business
• Coverage of team needs, backing up supervisors on certain tasks, and ad-hoc duties as assigned
• Participate in strategic initiatives supporting the business
• Train new team members
• Undergraduate degree with 5-7 years relevant financial experience. Ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of proven experience in investment management with specific experience related to client onboarding, either with a focus on legal, client service, or operations
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven ability to improve established processes
• A comprehensive understanding of internal systems used in the onboarding process
• Excellent organization, communication (oral and written), and time management skills
• Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
• Must be team-oriented while being proactive and self-motivated to ensure deadlines are met
• Understanding of the operational needs related to the support of these assets a plus
• Experience and knowledge of investment products a plus
• Leadership qualities with ability to motivate and inspire others including more senior personnel
• Flexibility is a must as candidate is expected to grow in the role and assume increasing levels of responsibility over time
• Experience working within a global organization a plus
* Candidates selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. PGIM, Inc. follows the NYSE holiday schedule. This position also requires over-time during peak periods.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.