Asset Management - Newark, NJ 2020 Fixed Income Client Advisory Group Internship Program: PGIM
About the position
We review applications on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 2 weeks after each application period concludes.
• Period 1: July 15, 2019 to August 15, 2019
• Period 2: August 15, 2019 to September 4, 2019
• Period 3: September 4, 2019 to September 22, 2019
All applications should be fully completed by September 22, 2019
Are you a rising junior looking to apply your business knowledge and make an impact within a dynamic, evolving organization? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At PGIM that’s a challenge we can help you meet as a member of our Fixed Income Internship Program (FIP).
As a Fixed Income Client Advisory intern, you could find yourself in a role to learn about the fixed income business and how asset managers earn revenue through their clients. The role explores Throughout the Internship, you will be given substantial responsibilities and will have opportunity to present your newly learned skills to your team during this 10-week experience.
As a Fixed Income intern, you will work in a collegial and supportive environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions, while placing equal importance on the results of the larger team. Interns within PGIM FI are encouraged to share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining an environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees.
- Partner with internal and external clients to obtain greater insight to a multitude of investment products and processes, including Portfolio Management, Fixed Income Trading Strategies, Economics and Investment Strategy, Quantitative and Structuring Analysis, and Hedge Fund Management
- Understand and contribute to critical client facing issues and implement solutions that address client needs
- Collaborate with senior analysts, risk managers, and portfolio managers to analyze performance drivers, evaluate portfolio positioning and risk exposures, model benchmarks, and analyze technical market data
- You will challenge, problem solve, develop automation and systems to quickly and accurately complete client requests
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with $776 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2019). Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore. PGIM FI manages public fixed income assets, which stands as PGIM’s largest asset class under management. These fixed income assets include global government securities, mortgages, global investment grade corporate and high yield bonds, asset-backed securities, bank loans, municipal bonds, emerging market securities, and a variety of interest rate and currency related derivative instruments. PGIM FI has a consistently growing global client base and manages a variety of mandates across the full spectrum of strategies under the Fixed Income umbrella.
Please click here to learn more: www.pgim.com/
- Bachelor’s Degree Required: Graduating in May/June 2021 or 2022. You are a rising sophomore or junior majoring in Finance, Economics and/or Business Management
- Required overall GPA: 3.3+
- Knowledge of the asset management industry, Fixed Income preferred
- You have one relevant internship/externship experience in an investment management or a related area
- Strong communication, quantitative and technical aptitude and breadth of computer skills
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
1. Submit your application and digital introduction – You only need to complete one digital introduction once per recruiting season even if you apply for multiple early talent roles.
2. Participate in a digital first round interview – You may be invited to complete a digital first round interview, with 2 – 3 questions to showcase skills and experience relevant for the role.
3. Join us at Prudential for final round interviews – If selected, you’ll join us at Prudential for final round interviews to learn more about our business, culture and the early talent opportunities available across our organization.
For 2020 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQ’s.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.