About the position
Annuity Product Director
The Product Director is responsible for the successful implementation of all aspects annuity product initiatives and ongoing management of the current annuity product portfolio. It is expected that this person will be recognized within the organization as a product expert.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team of 3-5 product managers responsible for projects supporting the Annuities business.
- Participate in various stages of the product development life cycle with our business partners.
- Work with cross-functional representatives to proactively document and recommend product, illustration, or administration system changes needed as a result of competitive pressures, shifts in market strategies, channel needs, regulatory needs or consumer needs.
- Development of business requirements for new products, features, experience or system revisions for new and existing products.
- Assist in the development of marketing and training, including product-specific training and product messaging.
- Assist in the analysis of competitor’s product features, illustrations systems, positioning and marketing, benefits, and pricing.
- Provide on-going detailed knowledge and problem resolution to sales channels and business partners.
- Point of escalation for product managers and project teams for issue resolution
- 3-6 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven success in implementing product development projects that deliver results to meet business goals.
- Knowledge of financial services products and industry.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and influence without authority. Effectively collaborating with multiple levels within the internal organization as well as investment professionals and wholesalers.
- Strength of convictions and ability to influence and champion product changes
- Ability to effectively manage several dissimilar projects and prioritize.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.