About the position
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is responsible for developing the asset allocation strategy and overseeing asset/liability management for Prudential’s insurance businesses. The Technology and Operations team provides the technology solutions in support of the CIO group.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Vice President of Application Delivery.
This position requires an individual with strong analytical, programming, problem solving, organizational, and technical writing skills who must be able to work on complex projects with minimal guidance.
• Proficient with one or more general programming languages and frameworks like Java 8, C#, Python or Node.js.
• Familiar with back end development framework like Spring and ORM Framework like Hibernate or JPA.
• Familiar with various systems development lifecycles (SDLC, Agile)
• Strong sense of OOP software design concept.
• Exposure to relational database like SQL Server, MySQL, etc. and complex queries.
• Prior experience with AWS or Google cloud is a plus.
• Prior experience with web server like Tomcat, Apache or Jetty is a plus.
• Prior knowledge with financial concepts is a plus: trading, financial instruments, derivatives, asset management, etc.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Self-learner, technology advocate eager to work on any challenge
• Demonstrated capability in Prudential Leadership Competencies: especially Strong Moral Compass, Taking Appropriate Risks, Collaboration, and Execution
• Flexibility to work after normal business hours as needed
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.