Operations - Dresher, PA | Scranton, PA | Shelton, CT | Newark (NJ), NJ | Jacksonville, FL | Hartford, CTManager, Privacy Center of Excellence
About the position
- Drive implementation and execution of the Global Privacy Program within Prudential’s U.S. Businesses
- Provide privacy subject matter expertise to the U.S. Businesses and support the U.S. Businesses in identifying privacy risks related to the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), and other applicable laws and regulations, and any other local or business-specific privacy requirements
- Support the U.S. Businesses in identifying privacy controls to mitigate identified privacy risks
- Collaborate with various members in Prudential’s second-line Global Privacy Organization, Operational Risk Management, Legal, Compliance and Information Technology departments to identify and manage privacy risks; follow key trends and latest laws and regulations
- Ensure organizations maintain an inventory of all systems, business processes, shared drives and other repositories where personal information is used, stored or accessed
- Ensure organizations maintain an inventory of third parties handling personal information on behalf of Prudential. Support privacy due diligence reviews for vendors (new and existing) handling personal information
- Conduct privacy risk assessments as required (e.g., HIPAA privacy assessments), all with an eye to ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to mitigate privacy risks
- Foster a culture of privacy by design in the U.S. Businesses, and ensure Privacy Impact Assessments are completed.
- Lead identification, investigation and remediation of privacy incidents (including privacy breaches) in a timely manner consistent with legal requirements
- Manage reporting of privacy incidents and key risk indicators occurring within the U.S. businesses
- Identify and follow up on privacy issues and action plans with an eye to closing incidents and issues in a timely manner
- Utilize educational tools including providing training and awareness sessions to reinforce strong privacy protection practices within the U.S. businesses
- Be an active member of the privacy community and participate in continued privacy education
- 3-5 years of privacy experience in one or more of the various privacy disciplines (e.g., policy, compliance, information security, operational risk management)
- Knowledge of privacy laws and regulations and privacy risks (i.e., HIPAA, GLBA, GDPR etc.)
- Background in the Insurance or Financial Services industries a plus
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Strong relationship building skills
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certifications a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.