Operations - Dresher, PA | Hartford, CT | Jacksonville, FL | Shelton, CT | Newark (NJ), NJ | Scranton, PADirector, Privacy Program Management
About the position
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a leading U.S. based publicly traded global life insurance and diversified financial services corporation with a world class brand and balance sheet. The company is committed to helping customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services including life insurance, annuities, investments and retirement-related services. The continued focus on and growth of the US Customer Service Privacy Program is a key strategic priority for the corporation.
The Director, USB Privacy a key member of the Privacy Center of Excellence (CoE) and is engaged in the implementation and maintenance of the privacy program. The Director will be a key executer of the privacy strategy with responsibility for the management and execution of significant initiatives that help to ensure or improve the effectiveness of Prudential’s First Line Privacy Program.
This role will report into the VP,USB Privacy Lead.
- Maintains and evolves the Privacy CoE through management of significant key initiatives in close collaboration with senior Privacy Program partners
- Assists in the implementation and understanding of privacy policies, processes and monitoring of program compliance
- Manages strategic deliverables within the Privacy CoE, defining and communicating milestones and success criteria to key stakeholders, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery
- Providing strategic guidance to the USB in identifying and assessing privacy risk and advising on mitigating controls
- Assists in development of training course content designed to enhance awareness and comprehension of data privacy, laws and topics
- Prepares management reporting on Program strategic initiatives for Project, Compliance and Risk Management meetings
- Participates in audit and regulatory inquiries to represent the Global Privacy Program
- Engages in continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the privacy program
- Collaborates directly with directly with all key stakeholders and affected business functions
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of privacy experience. Background in the Financial Services industries preferred. The successful candidate may come from another control discipline (compliance, legal, regulatory, audit, information security or risk). The successful candidate will have strong project management experience supporting cross functional projects with an ability to execute and deliver on strategic initiatives.
Additional specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, and JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Expertise required in one or more of the following areas: HIPAA, Marketing and Data Privacy Protection
- Proven execution, analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and collaborate with individuals across businesses and control functions
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Ability to balance operating independently with appropriate escalation with senior leadership
- Creativity, flexible and positive mindset, and ability to support a change management culture
- Continuous improvement and global business mindset
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.