Operations - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM O&S - Private Equity Accountant
About the position
Who are we?
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Our businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. Within Prudential, PGIM is our global investment management business. It is a name that stands for long-term conviction in asset management. With a powerful multimanager model and a steady hand in a volatile world, PGIM is built on strength, stability and a 140-year legacy. PGIM Operations provides the support that allows Prudential to be a top 10 worldwide institutional money manager with
over $1 trillion in assets under management. To learn more, please visit: www.pgim.com
Who We Look For:
The Investment Operations Associate in the Private Equity Accounting Unit is responsible for maintaining investment, accounting, reporting and record keeping systems to support Prudential Business Units. Timely and accurate processing of the activity for this asset class is required in addition to:
- Review the financial statements of Limited Partnerships/Joint Ventures
- Processing journal entries for cash transactions
- Processing equity pick up/losses.
- Following STAT and GAAP accounting rules for processing Other Invested Assets
- Preparation of manual vouchers
- Preparation of wire transfer and support for money movements related to bank activity
- Ensure cash is being properly reflected in Ledger and is in accordance with bank cash activity
- Special projects
- Monitor data integrity
- BS degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel and Word
- Ability to understand and analyze basic accounting principles and financial statements
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a deadline and fast paced environment
- Overtime require during peak periods
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.