Prudential is seeking a Manager, Human Resources Business Partner to join the Human Resources team supporting the Customer Office business group in Sunnyvale, California. The Customer Office brings multi-dimensional expertise that integrates business, product, analytics, marketing and tech to drive solutions and quicken decision making. This team powers Prudential to deliver improved customer experiences, meaningful customer engagement and strong economic outcomes. The Customer Office team collaborates to deliver customer-centric capabilities and solutions as a...
Human Resources - Newark, NJ Vice President, Prudential Advisors Human Resources
About the position
Prudential is one of the largest financial services companies in the world and consistently recognized as an environment where talent develops and grows.
The company distributes its U.S. insurance and annuity products through a variety of channels, including internal financial professionals in ‘Prudential Advisors’, Prudential’s nationwide U.S. sales organization. Prudential Advisors has approximately 4,000 associates including a sales force of over 3,000 financial professionals and approximately 300 field managers, with representation in 49 states.
Prudential Advisors has a great career opportunity for a seasoned lead human resources business partner to provide strategic consultative support on human capital matters and the full range of human resources support. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources for the Individual Solutions Group, and leading a team of human resource professionals, you will partner with business leaders to build a compelling culture that drives competitive advantage and the organizational capabilities to win.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set the strategic direction and lead a seasoned team of HR professionals
- Partner with senior leaders to plan/drive change, enhance organizational effectiveness, identify areas for improvement and develop/implement related strategies
- Implement operational efficiencies to build a high-performing culture
- Consult on all key HR-related disciplines, including organizational design, employee relations, policy guidance and advice, talent and succession planning and performance management
- Serve as a trusted advisor and confidante to senior leaders; coaching and consulting with management teams on all people related issues
- Partner with client groups in executing all cyclical processes such as annual compensation, performance management, succession management and Employee Engagement Survey analysis and action planning
- Collaborate with HR partners from Talent Management Centers of Expertise, Corporate Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion, as well as Employment Law (to name a few) to deliver against HR’s overall strategic commitments for the business
- Serve as an advocate for Prudential through being a voice for both management and employees through active listening, providing objective feedback and consistently delivering on commitments
· Demonstrate the highest levels of ethics, values and integrity; should be highly respected within current/previous organizations and within the industry as a trusted professional.
· Demonstrate high energy, capacity and the ability to manage multiple priorities as well as the ability to make decisions.
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. Need to have the ability to flex as business conditions and organizational dynamics change. Remain calm and thoughtful, yet decisive under pressure.
· A disciplined approach, with a positive, constructive attitude toward managing.
· Adapt communication and style to meet colleagues’ needs and expresses information in a clear, direct way.
· Possess the ability, experience and confidence to effectively manage change throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 10+ years HR experience with prior senior HR consulting responsibility, talent management and people leadership
- Strong leadership capabilities to lead a virtual team of seasoned HR professionals
- Solid working knowledge in all major HR disciplines (employee relations, succession planning, compensation, diversity/EEO, learning and development, organization development/effectiveness, talent acquisition)
- Proven record of effectively operating at both a strategic and tactical level and demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse issues. Successful track record of relationship building, problem solving and demonstrating sound judgment
- Solid experience on operational efficiency and high-performing cultures
- Become a trusted partner with senior leadership
- Expert in employee relations, depth of experience in coaching and demonstrates the ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Experience dealing with the HR demands that are unique to a distribution channel or sales environment.
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Superior written, listening and oral communications skills
- Based in Newark, NJ, with the ability to travel nationwide when the need arises
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Manager, Human Resources Business PartnerHuman Resources - Sunnyvale, CA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: CUS0008C
Manager, Human Resources (Finance Talent Development Group)Human Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: FM 0000W
Prudential Financial currently has an opening in Human Resources in our Finance Talent Development Group. The Finance Talent Development Group, is responsible for the strategy and execution of talent initiatives across the Finance community.
The incumbent will be responsible for the management of the Finance Leadership Development Program. This requires cultivating partnerships across Finance to ensure the successful development and execution and of FLDP. Incumbent will analyze and report the metrics and results for the program to determine quality of hire, student...
Senior Early Talent Acquisition (Campus Recruiting) PartnerHuman Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: STA000CA
Early Talent Acquisition (Campus Recruiting) PartnerHuman Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: STA000C9