Sales and Distribution - Virtual, CA | Virtual, WA | Virtual, NV | Virtual, CO | Virtual, AZ | Virtual, ORVP, Tax-Exempt Consultant Relations
About the position
Prudential Retirement is looking for a highly motivated, professional and experienced individual to fill a VP, Consultant Relations role in the full-service Retirement Sales organization with a focus on the public sector and tax-exempt markets. The VP will be accountable for leading the business development efforts in partnership with Prudential Sales Directors dedicated to selling state of the art recordkeeping, investments, employee communications and financial wellness programs for employers and their workers. The ideal candidate has strong consultant, advisor and plan sponsor relationships in the assigned territory: OK, TX, NM, AZ, CO, UT, NV, CA, OR, WA, ID, MT.
This position will work closely with Prudential's Full-Service Sales and Relationship Management teams and is a very visible role internally and externally. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping the organization grow new clients and maintain healthy relationships with consultants, advisors and plan sponsors.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the overall strategic business plan for key intermediaries focused on tax-exempt clients within the assigned territory.
- Identifies the services, structure and strategic direction of assigned firms and align Prudential to achieve mutual growth.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of targeted firms/institutions including selected market segments, how they operate, and their overall value proposition to create solutions tailored to their environment.
- Works collaboratively with internal partners (Sales, Marketing, Product, Relationship Management, etc.) helping to provide market input and shape future direction.
- Provides conference support for key national and regional conferences.
- Maintains sales call data in appropriate systems and/or complete sales reports.
- Manages budget related to sponsorships, industry events and travel and expenses.
- Directs and develops business on behalf of Prudential in compliance with all required rules and regulations and ethical in all considerations.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of retirement industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years of specific experience identifying, growing and maintaining relationships with Advisors, National Consultants and RIAs primarily focused on tax-exempt prospects in an external business development role
- Existing relationships and experience working in the west region.
- Experience working a large geographic territory
- Effective business partner and collaborator
- Conceptual thinker able to identify and solve for key business issues
- Ability to think creatively and conceptualize new approaches to business need
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Series 6 and 63
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.