Technology - Mountain View, CA | Newark, NJStaff DevOps Engineer
About the position
Join a fast growing agile team at the forefront of Prudential’s digital transformation! We are seeking a Staff DevOps Engineer with a proven track record of implementing enterprise continuous integration and delivery frameworks and release management practices in financial services, or similar high tech industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for the design and development of our CI/CD as well as enabling Prudential’s adoption of DevOps culture.
Partnering with Prudential’s on-shore and offshore DevOps teams, this role will -
a) Provision for environments across deployment pipelines.
b) Automate deployment pipelines in a scalable, secure and reliable manner
c) Champion and establish continuous integration and delivery
d) Turn configuration and infrastructure as code vision into action by executing and delivering on Prudential’s Cloud strategies.
This staff engineer role requires strong collaboration skills to partner with product, development, and infrastructure groups and sustained passion to persistently engage towards building world-class standards in operational excellence. This role will work in a fast-paced environment where multiple streams of deliverables will be rolling into production at various speeds and cycles. Execution on their sustained performance will be essential.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging Agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly - have fun.
The role is responsible for implementing and improving a framework that solves for delivery of high-quality, high-reliability by product development organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execution on all release engineering aspects of DevOps including Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Management, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Exercises judgment within best business operations practices to design, implement, and support operational standards, processes and capabilities for individual software products and services.
- Works closely with development and test teams to understand requirements and applies industry knowledge to recommend build/buy solutions.
- Partners with infrastructure teams to leverage existing solutions
- Encourages value-driven innovation to current framework and processes to continuously improve efficiency of product development processes.
- Operates from a mindset of end-to-end ownership working closely with Technology teams and Production Operations staff.
- Partners with Development teams to prepare for timely and smooth acceptance of deliverables into production environment
- Has a customer-driven mindset and insatiable appetite for engineering excellence
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development or Operations, with 3+ years in DevOps and/or AppOps
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Hands-on working experience of DevOps tools (GIT, SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, JIRA, etc.)
- Minimum 3+ years of virtualization experience (VMware, KVM, Xen)
- Amazon AWS experience - in AWS Compute, Storage, Network, Developer, and Management Tools.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills and knowledge of systems management concepts, processes and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with other organizations across the business while managing customer expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other automation tool strongly desired.
- Experience with Application Monitoring tools (CA APM, NewRelic, DynaTrace, AppDynamics, Splunk) a plus.
- Experience in software development in C++, Java a plus
- Working knowledge of container solutions (Docker) and orchestration a plus
- Experience of coaching and mentoring software operations engineers and resources for technical and professional growth a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
ServiceNow Developer-Bilingual AssociateTechnology - Roseland, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GBT000D0
Manager, Quality Engineering and Project ManagementTechnology - Sunnyvale, CA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: CO 0001L
Prudential is seeking a Manager of QE and project management with a proven track record of delivering high-quality products in financial services or similar highly technical industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing strategic thought leadership and measurable, defined outcomes in the area of QA and project management encompassing engineering of testing including but not limited to functional testing, regression testing, performance, security and load testing, and automation of all, as well as delivering technical projects across...
IT Infrastructure Operations SpecialistTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: QMA0007G
Team function & responsibilities
As a part of IT Infrastructure operations, analyst will function as a team member responsible for delivery of services across several IT infrastructure areas. This includes, Service desk, administration, maintenance, monitoring and operations of Windows and Linux, servers/desktops, VMware and storage systems. A focus on maintaining stable and supportable environments adhering to defined engineering standards and service levels.
Provide request, incident and problem management for users and supported systems. Following service and...
Cloud ArchitectTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ENT0007X
The candidate will be expected to lead in the following areas:
Cloud Solution Architect: Ability to convert business requirements to Cloud solutions. Help educate teams to migrate and develop new cloud applications. Possess Strong Cloud Implementation Experience in Cloud architecture/design, compute/storage services. Understand multi-datacenter/multi-zone based designs. Ability to think/provide solutions utilizing best practices for resiliency, scalability, resource utilization...